§ Big list of Cardistry
§ Current Practice
§ Current Polish
- Something called the "plunger principle"?
§ Tenkai palm : pluck card out of air.
- convincer: one card is two
- Tenkai palm is a prereq.
§ Flirt Flourish
- Flourish: Flirt
- hold top card between index and middle finger, flip middle and index, then land card back on top of packet.
- Can be used to switch top two cards, by peeling the top card with your pinky and putting the top card in.
§ Card Spring
- The key insight is to bend the deck such that there is no gap between the deck and the palm of our hand. This will provide enough force on the cards to allow them to be sprung forth.
§ Hiatus (too difficult for now)
- How to get started? 1. Basic grips (School of Cardistrys youtube channel and start from their first video "grips) 2. Cuts 3. Flourishes
- Dealer's / Mechanic's grip (thumb left, index top, others right)
- Straddle Grip (pinky bottom, index top, thumb left, others right)
- Biddle Grip
- End Grip (two index fingers opposing each other)
- "Z" Grip
- Basics: Thumb Fan: key ingredients are (a) hold the palming hand straight so fingers don't intervene, (b) thumb grip should be strong to allow index finger to go wild, (c) pull with the index finger in a semicircular arc. I practiced this for two weeks till it suddenly snapped into place.
§ Card control
§ Long term
Eight kings threatened to save, nine fine ladies for one sick knave. 8–K–3–10–2–7–9–5–Q–4–A–6–J)