This week has been mostly about spring-cleaning, and getting things in shape.
I used to have a shabby parsing system for command line options. This got unweildy,
so I’m now switching to
a really neat library for encoding command line options.
prettyprinter is the new kid on the block when it comes to pretty-printing
libraries. It’s really well written, has a ton of examples to boot, and has
I switched from
prettyprinter, because I had shoe-horned
like features into
Simplifying usage of
llvm-hs-pure does not support a monadic interface for building up the IR.
For some applications, a monadic API is way easier, and IR building is one
of them, IMO. So, I stole some code from a side project of mine,
offers an IR builder interface. I’ll need to extend it to generate LLVM, but this
was something I needed to do in any case for the other project as well.
Gathering all binds in the STG program
To create a giant switch case of all possible bindings, I first need to gather these up.
I currently have a
Builder that maintains this context. I’m not sure if this is the cleanest way to do this, but I just want some
code to compile at this point that I’m desperate.
Now that I have the infrastructure stuff somewhat out of the way, I hope to
get more “actual” code written this week. Goal for this week: get the simplest
STG program to compile