§ Vim Cheat Sheet
:grep and friends
- This will populate the error window.
- Open the error window with
- Thanks to
vim-unimpaired, going next/previous is as easy as
- To open quickfix ist, use
:copen. To close, use
:cclose. To go next/prev, it's
- Can create stupid mapping:
nnoremap / :grep %, which switches
/ based search to always become
grep based search.
§ sed matching syntax
\: match word starting and ending.
§ vim motion mnemonics
- f - (f)ind a character forward in a line and move to it
- T - find a character backward in a line and move un(t)il it
- t - find a character forward in a line and move un(t)il it (one character before)
- F - (f)ind a character backward in a line and move to it
§ vim unimpaired for loclist movement
§ vim-ninja-feet for motions using text objects
With it installed, add [ or ] between the operator and text object to specify
which end you wish edit: press c ]i} to perform the edit you describe.
a): a parentheses block
i): inner parentheses block
a]: a bracketed block
i]: inner bracketed block
a}: a brace block
i}: inner brace block